marți, 8 aprilie 2008

Can you speak up?...


A silent majority can say as much as a loud one. So, when you don’t speak up for a friend, you’re saying quite a bit. I think at times we are all guilty of something like not speaking up, wether if it is something we believe in strongly or to defend a friend or a cause.

Why we remain silent at the times is up in the air. You know that a woman will get into an elevator with a strange man that gives her the creeps, because she does not want to offend or make them feel uncomfortable. A big metal box with no way out! hello.

Maybe it is just me, but I think that not saying something because you might offend someone, is ludicris. I cannot take the time to pussyfoot around and not be myself to make everyone comfortable. Sometimes I will go to far to defend a friend in instances. But is this a bad quality.

I listen to people talk crap about their lovers, their friends and people that they work with. The one thing I notice is that most of these cowards do not say anything to the person they are having the problem with. I will hear these things and state my opinion, especially if I like the person, or will say something good about them.The enjoyment that people get from degrading others is amazing. I admit I love to make fun of people and go to the mall food court to watch and have a good laugh sometimes.

So wouldn’t we all like to be ourselves? And what are the consequences for being who you really are and saying what you really think?

Niciun comentariu: